Quinoa Stuffed Peppers
Today I made Stuffed Pepper with Quinoa and Black Beans. I never cook from scratch! I normally throw very quick meals together and often use jars. Two weeks ago I decided to say goodbye to processed food and start clean eating. After finding out that the lining of my womb was very thick and that I would have to go for a hysteroscopy, I was lead to research that suggested my hormones could be imbalanced. I am now attempting to correct this through diet.
You can read more about my plan on my other blog about Hormone Imbalance.
Here is the recipe that I followed. I didn't add cheese as I am staying off dairy whilst I try to rebalance my hormones.
- 4-5 large bell peppers, tops cut off and seeds removed
- ½ cup uncooked quinoa
- 1 cup water or chicken broth
- Zest from one lime
- Juice from one lime
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro, finely chopped
- 1 Tbs olive oil
- ¼ of a red onion, finely chopped
- ½ of a jalapeño, ribbed and seeded
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- One 15oz can of black beans, drained and rinsed
- One 8oz can of corn, drained
- ½ Tbs taco seasoning
- Shredded cheese or avocado slices to top the peppers
- Sour cream or salsa for serving (optional)
You can see the Blog and more details about this recipe here
I was really pleased with how it turned out! It tasted delicious. I added tumeric and cumin to my mix for flavour. 1 tsp of cumin gives you 7% of your iron.
I will be blogging about the meals I make with my new Clean Eating plan, so keep your eyes peeled for more recipe ideas.
Thanks for reading